With millions of Americans being victimized each year, identity theft is the fastest growing crime in our country today. Although everyone is a potential target of identity theft, not everyone is protected. And that’s where State Auto can help you and your family.
For no additional cost, our Identity Theft Protection Program is provided to all State Auto home and farm insurance customers. The program includes complimentary Identity Theft Recovery Service, Identity Theft Education and Prevention Assistance, and Identity Fraud Expense Coverage.
Identity Theft Recovery Service
State Auto is partnering with Identity Theft 911®, the premier identity theft resolution provider in the nation. Here you’ll receive one-on-one expert assistance should you become a victim of identity theft. A personal advocate and fraud specialist will work with you every step of the way until your identity is restored. You’ll also receive:
- Assistance placing fraud alerts on credit reports
- Full year of credit monitoring and active follow-up from your fraud specialist for victims
- Assistance interpreting credit reports for signs of fraud
- Help notifying credit bureaus, collectors, government agencies and law enforcement
- Disaster Recovery Assistance to rebuild your identity after a natural disaster, such as a flood, hurricane or tornado
- Also, a fraud specialist can assist in resolution of a child's identity theft, medical identity theft or identity theft after a home fire or break-in
To access more detailed information about identity theft, including tips on how to avoid it, and other helpful resources from Identity Theft 911, please click here.
Identity Theft Education and Prevention Assistance
Many events and stages in life increase your risk of experiencing identity theft. Any situation involving the use of personal information could expose you to loss. This is why State Auto provides you with access to resources through ID Theft 911. We can put you in contact with a fraud specialist for advice and assistance in protecting your identity, even if you do not have a claim. Some common events that may prompt you to contact us are:
- Pre-marriage, newlywed and re-marriage situations
- Legal separation or divorce
- Active military duty
- Settling an estate
Identity Fraud Expense Coverage
State Auto provides, at no additional cost, up to $15,000 of coverage to pay for expenses incurred as a result of identity fraud.* Costs for notary fees, mailing costs, lost income, charges for long distance phone calls, and more that are incurred as a result of identity fraud are also covered.**
How a Policyholder Obtains Service
- A concerned policyholder calls State Auto toll free: (800) 444-9950.
- A State Auto Claims Contact Center associate validates the caller as a current policyholder.
- The policyholder is referred to State Auto's Identity Theft area to determine the extent of service needed.
- The policyholder is transferred to an advocate from Identity Theft 911.
* For full details, see the endorsement provided with your policy.
** This coverage is subject to a $250 deductible.